What to expect from the Tokyo Game Show 2021?
From the September 30th to the October 3, 2021 the expected will be held Tokyo Game Show in its digital version. There are still a couple of weeks to go before the event but we already know who will participate and what will be the official line-up. Are you ready to find out all the details?
The Tokyo Game Show 2021 is approaching: the official line-up
The health emergency that we have been experiencing for almost two years is not yet over so, this year too, the event will be held in its digital format. This means we can expect many live streams, unpublished interviews And surprises.
It will be possible to follow the event directly on the Youtube channel official event and most likely also on the official Twitch channel. As you can imagine the live streams will be in Japanese language but we can still expect one simultaneous translation or English subtitles during live broadcasts. Last year some conferences were already subtitled so we just have to wait and see what the Tokyo Game Show has in store for us.
As you can see above, the official event calendar and they have also been revealed the names of the developers who will participate. Unfortunately, as was already rumored, Sony And Nintendo they will be absent. However, the presence of Square Enix, Bandai Namco, SEGA, Koei Tecmo, Capcom, Ubisoft and many others have been confirmed.
We know that too Microsoft will participate in the event, with an interesting Xbox Showcase where he will reveal the latest news on the Game Pass and the titles coming up Xbox Series X and Series S. Below we present, in a clearer way, the Tokyo Game Show calendar.
Thursday 30th September – First day of TGS 2021:
- Tokyo Game Show 2021 Opening Ceremony;
- Keynote: We’ll always have games;
- GameraGame Now Tokyo Game Show 2021 Special;
- KOF XV Special Program (SNK);
- SK Telecom Game Show;
- It’s Mealtime! Presentation
- Xbox Tokyo Game Show Showcase 2021;
- Konami with information on Yu-Gi-Oh! MASTER DUEL and other game announcements;
- Spike Chunsoft TGS2021;
- D3PUBLISHER TGS2021 Live;
- TGS2021 Capcom Online Program;
- Yurukill Special!
Friday 1st October:
- Event not yet announced;
- Sense of Wonder Night;
- Happinet Game Showcase in TGS2021 1st STAGE;
- 505 Games;
- Square Enix Presents TGS2021;
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment;
- Level 5;
- SEGA / Atlus.
Saturday 2nd October:
- Happinet Game Showcase in TGS2021 2nd STAGE;
- Tencent Games;
- Japan Game Awards: 2021;
- Lilith Games Warpath;
- GungHo Online Entertainment;
- Japan Game Awards: 2021 Games of the Year Division;
- TGS2021 KOEI TECMO Special Program;
- Tokimeki Memorial Girl’s Side 4th Heart Stage (Konami);
- DMM GAMES.
Sunday 3 October:
- New ARPG arrives, new expedition starts;
- Japan Electronics College;
- ARC SYSTEM WORKS;
- Japan Game Awards: 2021;
- 110 Industries – new games;
- NCSOFT TGS2021 SPECIAL PROGRAM;
- GungHo Online Entertainment;
- UBIDAY2021 Online × TGS Special Program;
- AKRacing presents – AKTalking;
- Wright Flyer Studios;
- Genshin Impact TGS2021 Program;
- Great Saga;
- Closing ceremony.
What to expect from the developers?
Well since you asked, @tokyo_game_show is a show for our players in Japan and across Asia. Expect regionally relevant updates, but no major reveals or announcements as our game teams are focused on continuing to ship big releases across October, November, and December. 😁
– Aaron “Day One On Game Pass” Greenberg 🙅🏼♂️💚U (@aarongreenberg) September 1, 2021
The absences of Sony and Nintendo are quite heavy and, as usual, they will feel particularly. However, the Tokyo Game Show 2021 promises to be a exciting event because they will participate the most important developers in the sector. What can we expect from Microsoft, Ubisoft and everyone else at the event?
As you can read from the tweet above, Microsoft’s Xbox Showcase it will be simple. Aaron Greenberg however revealed that there will be no major announcements because the teams are focused on the October, November and December releases. During the event we will therefore only get various updates. Maybe there will be some particular announcement regarding the titles coming with the Game Pass but nothing more.
As far as we know, Capcom will have 50 minutes to devote to its audience. We still don’t know what it will present but it could reveal some information about the Resident Evil: Village DLC, announced during E3 2021 and maybe show some first images or teaser trailers.
Furthermore, according to some rumors, Capcom could show a new chapter of the Ace Attorney saga from the name still unknown. In all likelihood, there will also be room for the Monster Hunter saga which still has a lot to offer its fans.
Another rumor has revealed that, at the end of its conference, Capcom could show the first trailer from Pragmaticthe new IP shown a year ago during the first event dedicated to PlayStation 5 titles.
As for Square Enix, we know the developer will not show the expected Final Fantasy XVI. However, during his 50 minute lecture, he will show well eight titles that we report below.
- Project Triangle Strategy;
- Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin;
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy;
- Final Fantasy VII: The First Soldier:
- Final Fantasy XIV;
- NEO: The World Ends With You;
- Bravely Default II;
Of the first title, that is Project Triangle Strategywe do not know anything yet and the Tokyo Game Show could be the perfect opportunity to offer to the public details And information about the new RPG. The programs of the other developers who will participate are still shrouded in mystery, so we look forward to the official arrival of the event to see what they have prepared for us.
Before concluding, we remind you that the Tokyo Music Fes will take place on 2 and 3 October 2021. The expected concert will include orchestral performances of famous songs taken from the most popular video games such as Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Resident Evil and many others. For more information on the concert, you can consult the official website.