The beauty of NVIDIA’s Ray Tracing and DLSS encapsulated in two new videos
NVIDIA He released two videos showing Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War supported by some of the next-gen technologies present in the title, such as the Ray Tracing and technology DLSS by NVIDIA. Below we present the first, the one that shows us the difference between active and non-active ray tracing.
Ray Tracing and DLSS with COD: Black Ops Cold War
As we can see, the video above there highlights the shadows drawn by the sun’s raysfrom the various local light sources and theenvironmental occlusion. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is supported by DirectX 12 Ultimate ray tracing– Ambient occlusion, local shadows and RTX accelerated sun shadows to deliver increasingly immersive gameplay.
The video shows us how the shading bring out details in high resolution, eliminating any problems related to self-shadowing. The environmental occlusion then creates a sense of depth that makes everything more realistic. This shading technique determines the right amount of light that must fall on the props.
The second videoinstead, it was shot with a GeForce RTX 3090 at 4Kwith Ultra Settings and with the DLSS active. As we can see, the video shows the difference between DLSS on and off. The. Is shown in the upper corner of the screen frame counter.
Looking closely we can see that the frame counter with ‘DLSS on’ is usually around twice as much as with DLSS off. NVIDIA’s DLSS boosts frame rate up to85% at 4K on GeForce RTX GPUs, for the fastest and most faithful gaming experience.
The new Call of Duty offers the public an intense gaming experience, particularly thanks to the many NVIDIA technologies it supports. Among them we find:
- The environmental occlusion of the DirectX Ultimate ray tracingwhich offers local shadows and RTX-accelerated sun shadows for increasingly immersive gameplay;
- The DLSS from NVIDIAcapable of increasing the frame rate and at the same time generating clear and beautiful game images;
- NVIDIA Reflexwhich reduces system latency;
- Anselwhich allows you to frame and take unique high-resolution instant images;
- NVIDIA Highlights in multiplayerwhich guarantees the recording and automatic saving of the funniest and most memorable moments of the game.