Oddworld Soulstorm Enhanced Edition: release date revealed
Microids and Oddworld Inhabitants have unveiled the release date of Oddworld: Soulstorm Enhanced Editionthe new edition of the award-winning action adventure platform, which will arrive on November 30, 2021 on Xbox Series XIS, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, and Epic Games Store. Oddworld: Soulstorm Enhanced Edition includes significantly improved game mechanics and character animation, as well as improved audio balance, Slig and AI (smarter and more responsive) of Abe’s fellow adventure companions, as well as all previously released updates and new content from mint.
What is the new content of Oddworld: Soulstorm Enhanced Edition ?
The new content of Oddworld: Soulstorm Enhanced Edition is a challenge mode accessible via the main menu once the game is complete.
On Xbox, players will be able to experience Vykkers Labs, a return to classic Oddworld 2.5D gameplay with short, puzzle-filled levels to solve. To earn points there will be challenges of speed or skill (in the sense of being able to never die!). For those who may not remember, Vykkers Labs is a large aerial laboratory used for pharmaceutical animal testing and run by the sadistic Vykkers.
On PlayStation and Epic Games Store, players can enjoy Toby’s Escape. Like Vykkers, it’s a throwback to the classic Oddworld game with several short puzzle-packed levels to overcome. Anyone who knows Soulstorm also knows Toby from the train, but how did Toby escape RuptureFarms and become the train driver? The answer is precisely in Toby’s Escape.
The millions of players who already own Oddworld: Soulstorm for PS5, PS4 or the Epic Games Store will receive the Enhanced Edition as a free upgrade.
The retail versions for editions Oddworld Collector and Day One: Soulstorm Enhanced Edition are already available for pre-order. Fans who pre-order the Day One Edition or the Collector’s Edition at participating retailers, they will also have access to the game’s original soundtrack and a digital artbook.
There Collector’s Oddition comprehends:
- An exclusive Collector’s Box
- Oddworld: Soulstorm standard edition
- A collectible metal case
- A 22cm figurine of Abe in Mudokon hero version
- A 160-page premium artbook by Pix’n Love Publishing
- An exclusive keyring from the Mining Company
- Three prints
- Stickers of the Ancient Tribal Mudokon
- A tattoo by Abe
- An explosive Action-Adventure Platform: real evolution of the platform genre, with the inclusion of RPG-lite elements even more engaging for the player, who can decide to act in the way he prefers (aggressive and always attacking or more wait-and-see and circumspect). Pickpocket your enemies, loot lockers, sift through garbage cans, and find hidden areas to acquire resources. Use the vending machines to get items that help you implement your chosen game strategy. Acquire recipes to craft tools and weapons to use against enemies or solve problems. Arm your followers and unleash the start of the revolution.
- Epicity: not the traditional 2D side scrolling platformer. Soulstorm is a “2.9D” action-adventure platformer, with 15 hours of gameplay, and dozens more for “professional mission hunters” and perfectionists. In short, a world of large-scale epic environments to be explored.
- Start the revolution: A dark plot, pervaded by an absolutely unique sense of humor, which points the finger at the irony of the human condition. A slave to the big corporations, a simple cog in the corporate machine that is ground to death, Abe tries to save all his fellow men, passing in the course of the adventure from Mr. Nobody to a hero capable of unleashing a global revolution.
- Bread for completists: Will you be able to save every single Mudokon in the game (there are more than 1,000)? Can you get the best ending and unlock the last two playable levels? Can you dig through every garbage can and locker, safely kill or capture every antagonist, find every hidden area, collect every jelly? Over 3 million players have had the opportunity to do it… will you be the first to do it on Xbox?
- Alternative endings: Soulstorm has 15 levels, plus two more unlockable levels at the end of the game. There are 4 types of endings, depending on yours Quarma. At the end of each single level, you will receive a Quarma score, which is based on the number of Mudokons saved. If you manage to save enough Mudokon in all levels, you will reach one of the positive endings. But beware: if your Quarma score is not high enough, you will have a more… terrible fate!