Manual: Jailbreak, Unlock, Activation, BaseBand, 3GS and derived problems
Even today we continue to see questions in the forum and in the posts that, for the most part, are resolved on this website. But since we understand that the search engine is not a very appealing idea, we are going to summarize in a single post that we hope, which together with the novice manual (I link it for you to read, remember that the programs to release and jailbreak have changed), it is one of the most read on the Web.
We clarify again between Jailbreak AND Release:
- Jailbreak: consists of unlocking the iPhone. So that? To be able to install all the applications we want, all the modifications that exist, to change the colors, access all the iPhone folders, install cracked apps …
- Break free: it is the classic term of the word, it consists of modifying your iPhone so that you can use it with Movistar, Vodafone, Orange, Simyo and all existing and existing companies. Requires jailbreak.
After this: Can we have Jailbreak without Unlocking the iPhone? YES Can we unlock the iPhone without having Jailbreak? DO NOT
- BaseBand: It is something like the base of the iPhone, updating it improves the phone but usually makes it unlocking. How is the BaseBand updated? With iTunes, updating to the latest version of Mac OS X iPhone available and making it official (modified or customs are not valid). After updating then you will already have the last BaseBand. If we already have 3.1.2 and the BaseBand without updating (we have 4.xxxx) we have to force the update or restore (we will explain the update):
- We connect the iPhone.
- We open iTunes.
- On Mac we press Alt, Windows Shift and “Search Update” and now we will have to look for 3.1.2. Don’t you know where it is? Well, in order not to complicate things, download it from here (select 3G or 3GS).
- Once selected, it will begin to update, thus raising the BaseBand).
- Activation: according to GEORGE HOTZ, installing Blackra1n on your terminals and installing Snow will activate the terminal (This in case you are not from Movistar)
Now it is very simple:
- We connect the iPhone to the Computer.
- We open iTunes.
- We give “Search Update” and install the latest version (Currently 3.1.2).
- We let it update, it takes between 5 and 10 minutes: it does NOT erase the agenda, it does not erase the legal Apps, it does not erase the music because we are UPDATING and no RESTORING (which is basically like formatting the computer, a term widely used by the “Winderos”).
- Once updated we get off Blackra1n from here.
- We open it.
- With the iPhone connected we click on “make it ra1n”.
- If everything works, it will turn off and after a few seconds it will turn on showing a photo of the creator of the App (what an ego).
- If it does not work, you must press the Unlock button and the Home button (the one above and below the screen) at the same time until the hand appears and the iPhone turns on again. After this, try again to use the program (repeat until it exits).
- Once it is turned on (if it has been successful) an App called «BlackRa1n«. We enter it and there we will have several options to install:
- Uninstall Blackra1n (to delete the application this does not imply deleting the Jailbreak eh !!)
- Install Cydia (It is an app that will allow us to put a real remote control on our iPhone ).
- Install iCy (it’s like Cydia but faster but lower quality)
- Install Snow (used to unlock the iPhone
– As I have already said, we simply follow these steps:
- We open Blackra1n on our iPhone.
- We install Snow
- And that’s it, it will do it automatic, then put your card from any company and you already have it (if it does not work, restart the iPhone and try later).
– If we have done the Jailbreak with Blackra1n but it is with another version in which the Snow App does not appear, the program itself will tell us that we must update, so update and then follow the steps above.
– What if we haven’t Jailbroken with Blackra1n? Well, we have to add the reservoir blackra1n.com, excuse me?:
- We open Cydia, go to the “Management” menu, then to “Sources”.
- There we click on the + sign and type blackra1n.com.
- We wait for everything to load.
- Then under “News” BlackSn0w will appear.
- Just install it and reboot just in case.
For the 3GS:
Apparently Apple released a series of iPhone 3GS before Jailbreak that does not allow these processes to work, so we can not do anything for now. However, not all 3GS are capable.
–Wifi: I do not take the networks.
- Solution: on the iPhone; Settings> General> Restore> Restore Network Settings.
–Push: it does not work (the truth is not my case).
- Solution: soon in Cydia (Push Fix may work, in my case I had to restore the iPhone and then everything worked).
–Others: surely you have other problems not documented by the creator of Blackra1n, in general they are due to Restoring an iPhone backup.