How to check the status of your battery with these simple steps
As time goes by, it is normal for you to notice that the battery of your Apple device last less and less. In general, this is normal and we should not worry or be scared since with use, the battery will wear out.
If we notice that the duration of the battery is very short and we have only had our iPhone or iPad for a short time, it would be convenient go to an official technical service to check its condition, because it may be defective from the factory and they need to change it. If it is under warranty, the visit is mandatory since it will not cost us anything and in the long run it will benefit us. If this is your case, we recommend that you previously read the published article where we talk about the battery guarantee.
In the aforementioned post, we talked about the fact that the replacement of the battery, even under warranty, may be denied if it does not meet Apple’s conditions, that is, the load cycles of her must be between 80% and 100% and, of course, who has not visited before any other unauthorized technical service.
What is a charge cycle?
An charge cycle It is when we complete 100% of the battery, either in a single charge or in several, that is, we start the morning with the iPhone at 100% battery and when the afternoon arrives we have 50% left and we put it to charge completely . We will have done half a load cycle. If at night we put it back on charge when it has 50% left and we remove it when it is fully charged, we will have carried out a complete charge cycle. 50% in the afternoon plus 50% at night makes a total of 100%.
How many charge cycles does my iPhone and iPad have?
Officially there is no exact figure that tells us how many charge cycles our devices will have, but there are scientific figures that estimate about 500 charging cycles for iPhone and about 1000 full charging cycles as the life of our iPad. As we say, they are not official data from Apple, they are only estimates that have been made after studying several cases.
How do I check the status of my battery?
It is very possible that after reading all of the above you want to know the state of your battery and how many charge cycles it has. This is a very simple process that we can do in two ways. The first and the easiest will be installing a free app in our iOS deviceproviding us with very basic information, but on the other hand we have another more complete option that will require the installation of a app on our Mac or Windows.
If your iPhone needs a battery replacement, you can Get your battery replacement from this link.
Installing an App
- The first thing we must do is enter the app store of our iPhone or iPad.
- Once there, we will look for the app called: Battery Life. Be very careful when looking for it, as there are several with similar names and they can make mistakes. it totally free. Below you can see how it is.
- When we have downloaded it and enter it, a view with a percentage. This percentage refers to the state of the battery in relation to its initial state, that is, in our case it shows 93% with respect to the state it was in when we purchased the product.
- If we want to know what this percentage is equivalent to, in the menu on the left we can enter the option «Raw Data«.
- There, it will show us a bar with the previous percentage where we can see how 93% is equivalent to 1600mAh 1715mAh which was what I initially had.
- The bar that appears just below this refers to the current charge level of our device.
As we can see, it is a very basic and simple application but it provides us with the necessary data to know the status of our battery in real time. As we said before, we can go further and find out how many charging cycles we have completed.
Installing iBackupbot on our Mac
- The first thing we must do is download the app from the following link, totally free and safe. Download iBackupbot for Mac. Download iBackupbot for Windows.
- This app is mainly used to make backup copies of our devices, but this is not the issue that concerns us now. With it we can also check the status of our battery.
- The next step will be connect our iPhone or iPad to the computer via Lightning cable. As soon as we connect it, the app will detect the device and it will appear as follows (1):
- Next we must go to our device (iPhone in our case) and its information will appear, as we can see in the image. We must click on «More information” (two).
- When we enter there the following window will appear where, among other data, we can see the status of our battery.
What does each data mean?
- CycleCount: number of full charge cycles your device has.
- Design Capacity: charging capacity of your device at the time of purchase.
- FullChargeCapacity: maximum load that you can reach with your device at the time the check is being carried out.
- Status: battery status in general terms.
If you have any questions about the data that has appeared, do not hesitate to write us a comment and we will be able to help you.
If your iPhone needs a battery change to restore its original autonomy, you can Get your battery replacement from this link.