DAZN, the guide: what to do when the app doesn’t work?
Eleven days have gone into the archive for the 2021-2022 Serie A, yet more than one user continues to have periodic problems with watching the games on DAZN. The question that fans ask themselves most frequently, also and above all among themselves, has now become a weekly leitmotiv: what to do when the app doesn’t work? Here is a guide that explains it step by step.
DAZN: what to do when the app doesn’t work
The first thing is to check that the users, i.e. registration e-mail address and password, have been entered or stored in the right way in the authentication strings in order to make the first access to the app.
“Basic” procedure (authentication and profiles)
- Make sure your email address and password have been entered correctly. In case the email or password is wrong, the platform will return the error code 50-49-401;
- If the error persists, try to reset the password by choosing a new one following the instructions provided by Dazn. At this point, restart the device and try to log in;
- If despite this, the new password still fails to access your account, you will need to contact customer support.
Viewing via Browser (from PC)
Pay attention to the connection and the speed you have for your internet line. There are various verification steps to be carried out when, once authenticated within the app, you choose the event to see, but the so-called “wheel” runs in circles, creating buffering. Without a doubt that of a check on the connection is the most immediate:
- Make sure your device is connected to the internet. To check if your PC / MAC is connected to the Internet, try going to www.dazn.com. If you reach the page without getting any error messages, it means that the internet connection on your device is working.
- Check the speed of your Internet connection at www.fast.com. From your browser go to www.fast.com and check your connection speed. This page is optimized for streaming services, so the detection of your internet connection speed will be accurate. To see what the minimum speed required by DAZN is, click here.
- Try watching another event to see if it works. From your browser, check if you can load another event currently in progress. If it works, go back to the event you were originally trying to see. If you don’t see the other event either, keep following these instructions.
- Try a different browser. Just try watching DAZN from another browser. To see a list of available browsers visit http://outdatedbrowser.com/. On this page you will find the latest version of the browsers available.
- Delete cookies and empty the cache See the article “How to delete cookies and empty the browser cache” for more information on the browser you use.
- Check your IP address and make sure it is in a country where DAZN is available. From the browser go to Maxmind. On the Maxmind page, you will automatically see your location according to the Maxmind database. Make sure you are in a country where DAZN is available.
iOS and Android (Smartphone and more)
Watching the game on your tablet or smartphone when away from home? A solution that many now adopt, but which sometimes encounters difficulties, because the DAZN app is not updated on either iOS or Android systems. Updating, uninstalling and reinstalling are three very important “basic commands” if you run into problems.
- First of all, update the app: as regards mobile phones, from the App Store in the case of Iphone or Ipad for example or from the Google Play Store in the case of a smartphone or tablet. As for Apple devices, make sure that the device is at least an Iphone 5 or later versions, an iPod Touch (5th generation) or later generations or an iPad 2 or later versions;
- If the app freezes and does not allow you to log out / in, try to force close and / or turn off the device. Wait 15-20 seconds before turning it back on.
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Dazn app after clearing the device cache;
- Check that your device’s operating system is updated to the latest version and is compatible with Dazn standards;
- If the malfunction or connection failure persists, after checking the status of the internet connection you can try to restart the device or, alternatively, the modem or router.
The most frequent scenario for watching Serie A matches. Here are the five steps to follow to solve problems, if they arise, while playing a match.
- If you use Dazn on Smart TV and Android TV, install or update the app from the store;
- Try closing the application and reopening it, or exit and re-enter by entering your username and password;
- Try restarting your smart TV: turn off the TV and wait about 20 seconds before turning the device back on and restarting the app;
- If the problem persists, try uninstalling the Dazn app and reinstalling it;
- The problem could also depend on the TV operating system. Make sure you have the latest version installed.
And if the Chromecast “video-bridge” also gives problems? No fear. You have to move by carrying out a series of “checks” to understand what level of problem you are going to encounter. From the primary control of the switching on of the appliance to the compatibility of the TV.
- Make sure that Google Chromecast is turned on, that it works correctly and that the connection with your smartphone is optimal;
- Update the Dazn app to the latest version;
- If available, also make the latest update of the Google Chromecast operating system;
- Check that your smartphone is among the devices supported by Dazn for viewing via Chromecast. Android and tablets with OS 4.4 and above and iPhone and iPad with iOS9 and above are supported;
- It is important that your Google Chromecast is connected to a wall socket. If, on the other hand, you prefer to connect it directly to the Smart TV, make sure it is powered with a 5V1a USB cable.
- Furthermore, Dazn is not compatible with TVs that include Google Chromecast already incorporated.
DAZN: the most frequent types of errors – codes
Here is a series of error codes – three to be exact – which are among the most frequent for app users. Numerical series to memorize in order to understand, right away, in which direction to move, thus identifying the problem and finding its resolution.
- Error 550077503: this code indicates that anomalies have been found in the reproduction of the contents. In this case the user can try to exit the app and restart it. In case the app does not close, you can try to force it to stop;
- Error 65 067: indicates that video problems may be caused by using an older version of Dazn. To overcome the problem, the user can proceed to update the app through the store of their device;
- Error 10 000: this error code refers to a generic and unspecified problem of the platform. This error should be resolved in no time, otherwise you can try to refresh the browser page, use a different search engine or device, restart the app or clear the cache.
How to move to seek assistance and solutions?
Last but not least, as the British would say. If after carrying out all the procedures the problem is not solved, there is always assistance. From the help email address, to the reports on the app’s social channels.
- First you can send an email to [email protected]
- The alternative is to go to the dedicated page of the DAZN website. Here there will be a double possibility: the first is to contact the assistance in chat, using a “digital assistant” while the second is that offered by the “guide” where there are a whole series of answers to potential problems for users.
- Another way to request assistance on DAZN is to contact the platform’s official social profiles. In particular, in addition to the Facebook page, there is the special Twitter account @DAZN_HELP_ITA, created specifically to respond to any malfunctions or problems in the service.