Christmas shopping and Black Friday: Italians mainly buy online
A survey conducted by Ipsos Canadain collaboration with Googlehighlights some particular trends regarding online purchases and Italians in view of two of the most anticipated holidays of the year: the Black Friday and the Christmas. Let’s find out together what are the trends of Italians in 2021.
Black Friday and Christmas: Italians prefer online purchases
The Black Friday and the Christmas time are now upon us and the Italians have already started plan their online purchases not to arrive at the last minute and empty handed. Last year, also thanks to the pandemic, digital purchases have soared.
A 2020 survey conducted by Ipsos Canada, in partnership with Google, revealed that the 64% of Italian buyers admitted to having completed his purchases for the Christmas period online. 63% of the Italians interviewed, on the other hand, had revealed that having bought online through your own smartphone.
Even in this period, online purchases are there first choice of Italians: however there are substantial differences. Ipsos Canada and Google conducted a new online shopping survey and highlighted the following data.
- 42% of Italian respondents say that the pandemic will have an impact on way the shopping will be organized during the holidays.
- 71% of the Italians interviewed intend to plan well in advance your purchases.
- 57% of the Italians interviewed will pay more attention to the way where he uses his money.
- 40% of Italians will buy less due to the impact of the pandemic on their finances.
- 35% of Italians will look for discounts in advance, offers and / or online promotions.
Although many Italians have decided to spend less money due to the pandemic, online purchases are the preferred solution of Italians. For more details on the surveys conducted by Ipsos Canada, you can consult the official website.