Amazon Alexa and the Red Cross together for World Mental Health Day
On the occasion of World Mental Health Day, Amazon’s Alexa will offer answers provided by the Red Cross to raise people’s awareness and direct them to concrete support.
Amazon and the Red Cross to raise awareness on the issue of Mental Health
A new collaboration between Amazon And Red Cross Italian aims to raise awareness and support for people in need. The initiative was born with a view to the next October 10, for World Mental Health Day. For the occasion Alexa will offer information on mental health issues with the aim of breaking taboos. The aim is to normalize all those discomforts which, if not adequately addressed, could turn into ailments that affect millions of people and that often go unnoticed or are silenced. Alexa throughout the day it will encourage you to be more aware of your psychological and emotional state. To do it will offer guidance from the Red Cross on how to recognize the most common symptoms of anxiety and stress. The device will also provide some advice on how to deal with them.
Everything will begin on 10 October. In fact that day, if Alexa is greeted with a “Alexa, good morning!”will respond differently than usual:
“Oh hello. Yes, I’m fine… maybe. I mean, but yeah, I’m fine. Nothing important. But always feeling sad, worried and anxious is not normal: they could be symptoms of an emotional distress that requires help. Asking for help is a sign of strength. Talking openly with family, friends, or professionals can help. If you want to learn more about the topic of mental health and hear information from the Italian Red Cross, try saying “Alexa, give me more information on mental health”.
Alexa’s answers provided by the Italian Red Cross
In addition to constantly providing the toll-free number for support, Alexa will provide a series of answers to help users in need. Here are the 12 answers the Amazon device will give to users:
- One in four people in the world suffer from psychological distress in the course of their life. If you feel a little down, the Italian Red Cross will listen to you. Call the toll-free number 800 065 510 for support. Asking for help is the first step to getting better!
- Sweating, rising heart palpitations, distress, nausea, stomach pain, insomnia and poor concentration or irritability, feeling of lack of air – all of these could be symptoms of an anxiety disorder. The Italian Red Cross listens to you, call the toll-free number 800 065 510 to receive support.
- Sometimes you may feel a little anxious. This is normal, it is our body’s reaction to sudden and intense life changes. But if these feelings last over time or prevent you from carrying out normal daily activities, do not hesitate to entrust yourself to a professional. The Italian Red Cross listens to you, call the toll-free number 800 065 510 to receive support.
- If you are going through a bad time, if you feel that the situation is out of control and you are letting yourself be overwhelmed by anguish, you may need help. You are not alone. The Italian Red Cross listens to you, call the toll-free number 800 065 510 to receive support.
- Taking care of your psychological well-being is much more important than you think. And asking for help is a sign of strength. Remember, you are not always ready to face certain situations, but you are not alone. The Italian Red Cross listens to you, call the toll-free number 800 065 510 to receive support.
- Feeling sorry for the loss of a loved one is a major cause of emotional distress and despondency. It is normal to feel this way, but if this condition continues over time or prevents normal daily activities from taking place, you may need help. Asking for help is a sign of strength and talking about your feelings is essential for getting better. If this should be your case, the Italian Red Cross listens to you, call the toll-free number 800 065 510 for support.
- Take care of your well-being and your emotions. Give yourself time for your needs. The most important thing is that if you realize you need help to better understand and manage your emotions, the Italian Red Cross listens to you, call the toll-free number 800 065 510 to receive support.
- It is not necessary to have a serious problem to ask for help. Sometimes, the piling up of small problems makes life difficult. Sharing with friends and family can help you. And, if you feel the need, rely on a professional. The Italian Red Cross listens to you, call the toll-free number 800 065 510 to receive support.
- Psychological well-being is important. Learning to recognize and manage your emotions helps you feel good about yourself and others. Even if you can’t control everything around you, you can change the way you cope, change your thoughts and behaviors to feel balanced and get more emotional pleasure from them. And if you can’t do it on your own, ask for help. The Italian Red Cross listens to you, call the toll-free number 800 065 510 to receive support.
- A good exercise to take care of your psychological well-being is to take a few minutes to yourself every day. Reflect on a pleasant moment of the day, even if only a detail. Focusing on something positive can lift your mood. If you don’t succeed, don’t worry. You can contact a professional or contact the Italian Red Cross at the toll-free number 800 065 510.
- Even when you feel lonely, there is always someone willing to take care of you. Look around you and be ready to trust someone. For example, the Italian Red Cross listens to you, call the toll-free number 800 065 510 to receive support.
- It can be important to open up and talk about your thoughts and feelings. The people next to us cannot read our minds. Writing what you hear can also help. Unexpressed emotions wear out and amplify. Emotional sharing is necessary to protect yourself. If you need help, the Italian Red Cross listens to you, call the toll-free number 800 065 510 for support.
Red Cross and Amazon: a consolidated collaboration
About the initiative, Fabio Specchiulli, psychotherapist and coordinator of the psychological support service of the National Response Center of the Italian Red Crosshe has declared:
“In life we all go through difficult situations where we can feel overwhelmed by our emotions. Who hasn’t ever felt a little ‘out of their minds?’ Who has never had the feeling of not making it, of not being able to face the inevitable blocks of human existence? When this happens, we often get through it all by ourselves or with the help of a loved one. Other times, however, not. These are the times when we must have the courage to ask for help from a professional, in order to develop effective strategies and rediscover our psychophysical well-being. ”
Words of satisfaction also on the part of Gianmaria Visconti, Amazon Alexa Country Managerwho commented on the partnership as follows:
“We are delighted to be able to collaborate once again with the Red Cross and amplify, through Alexa, the work that is being done to take care of people’s psychological well-being and mental health.”